Simulation number 2 in variable file 1 is missing or has problem

Zhiqiang Yu

May 19, 2016, 9:50:27 PM5/19/16
to SWAT-CUP
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to solved the error "Simulation number 2 in variable file 1 is missing or has problem". With the reference to all previous similar posts, I still couldn't figure out. It seems to me that the simulation results number 2 is good. Part of echo_goal_fn.txt is shown below, where the problems happens at sim NO. 2. The simulation result file TP_16.txt is attached. All results seems good.

Could anybody give suggestions on what I should look into?

Thanks a lot
Michael

----
sim No.= 1
150.0000
var= 1  cntr_lower= 0  cntr_higher=125
1  obs_avg_lower=  0.000000
1  sim_avg_lower=  0.000000
1  obs_avg_higher=  293.151154
1  sim_avg_higher=  128.703201
1  obs_variance_lower=  -0.000000
1  sim_variance_lower=  -0.000000
1  obs_variance_higher=  1343518.375000
1  sim_variance_higher=  377828.687500
var=   1  lower_contribution=    0.000000  higher_contribution=    0.309446  partial_goal=    0.309446
NS= 0.309446
goal= 0.309446

----
sim No.= 2
183.3333
TP_16.txt

Abbaspour, Karim

May 21, 2016, 8:31:23 AM5/21/16
to swat...@googlegroups.com

You have an error in your input files. Check the files in Echo for a clue.

Karim

Zhiqiang Yu

May 22, 2016, 7:58:59 PM5/22/16
to SWAT-CUP
Dear Karim,

Thanks for your advice.

I tried to find some clues from the echo folder. The error happens when the program SUFI2_goal_fn.exe runs. I looked into the echo file for this program (echo_goal_fn.txt as attached). It stops at the beginning of simulation No. 2. as shown below. Once number is calculated but problems happens when calculating other numbers. There may be something wrong in the calculation but I'm not sure what caused this from the message. The simulation results seems of simulation 2 seems good to me. Could you help find more specific reason? I'd appreciated any help.

Thanks a lot
Michael

----
sim No.= 2
183.3333
echo_goal_fn.txt

Somsubhra Chattopadhyay

May 30, 2016, 11:18:03 AM5/30/16
to swat...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. Karim,

I have the same question when I faced similar error during validation.I think, I may have found the problem from the eco_extract_rch files but just want to confirm.

During validation, for one of the outlet I had few missing values and I have skipped those numbers while sequencing the observed data (following the manual). However, I see that the program puts some unwanted zeroes, at the end of the observed flow time series. Please see the attached echo files for calibration and validation, while for calibration it ran fine with 120 observed data points but for the variable 2 because of missing data it somehow can't finish the SUFI2 post-bat. Does all the calibration points need to have same number of observed data points? Does the actual number of data points should be excluding the missing data?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Som

echo_extract_rch (VALIDATION).txt
echo_extract_rch (CALIBRATION).txt
validation error.JPG
observed_rch.txt

Somsubhra Chattopadhyay

May 30, 2016, 11:19:30 AM5/30/16
to swat...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I forgot to mention that missing data situation is for FLOW_OUT 7.

Omar Hamid

Jul 12, 2016, 5:12:32 AM7/12/16
to SWAT-CUP
did you manage to solve this problem ?

Michael

Jul 12, 2016, 12:47:31 PM7/12/16
to swat...@googlegroups.com
Sadly not. I don't see enough information to help find the reason.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 5:12 AM, Omar Hamid <omarha...@gmail.com> wrote:
did you manage to solve this problem ?

Martin Romagnoli

Jul 13, 2016, 2:37:09 PM7/13/16
to SWAT-CUP
Have you verified that number of simulations in par_inf.txt and ending of simulation number in SUFI2_swEdit.def be the same?
Martín.

Stephen Owen Okwang

Nov 28, 2022, 10:33:39 PM11/28/22
to SWAT-CUP
Hello researchers, did you find out what was wrong. And if yes please am facinf the same problem. i arranged my obsserved data weell, but i can not make more that one simulation. But when i do one simulation it runs but the simulated curve is almost zero. when i do more than one, it says that simulation 2 couldnt be found. please advise. am using SWATCUP 2019 and SWAT2012. i am modelling a river basin using monthly flow. Thank you