Denon Avr-x4000

Baldovino Caya

Jul 26, 2024, 3:21:19 AM (yesterday) Jul 26
to SWAT-BR

Hi, this is doing my head in, can't seem to get the Denon to push out sound to my new second hand Sonos Gen 1 stuff. I've got a Sonos connect, 2 x Play 5 (gen1) speakers. trying to hook up old Denon TT, CD, Tape and DVD deck through my denon amp to the new speakers. previously had passive speakers that worked fine. I can get turntable to play if I bypass everything and use 3.5mm jack from small pre amp and it sounds great, but I want it all to go through the AVR. Any help appreciated

The phono preamp as suggested provides amplification, at varying levels for MC and MM cartridges but also provides the RIAA equalization curve. No curve applied to the signal and it sounds bad, curve applied more than once sounds bad.

The problem with all Denon pre-outs is they are not strong enough for SONOS CONNECT to amplify to a decent level. You need a MIXER with GAIN in between. . Similar in principle to a Preamp for phono. Digital and analog is not a problem as AVR convert all digital sources to analog in order to put the sound into the speaker terminals.