OS Sonoma

dani...@aol.com

Oct 24, 2023, 9:22:41 PM10/24/23
to sv...@googlegroups.com
Looking for feedback. Is it time to upgrade to Sonoma on a 2 year old M1 MacBook Pro from Ventura?

David Phillip Oster

Oct 24, 2023, 9:53:04 PM10/24/23
to sv...@googlegroups.com
I've been happy with it on an M1 Air. The video lock screen is pretty.

dani...@aol.com

Oct 24, 2023, 10:14:10 PM10/24/23
to sv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, David. That's what I'm looking for
Dan

Len Walther

Oct 24, 2023, 10:51:56 PM10/24/23
to SVMUG
Dan, I have the last Intel MacBook Pro.   I was "accidentally upgraded", unintentionally, soon after Sonoma was released.  I haven't had any serious problems, although there are some new interface elements to learn.   Unless, you have a critical App that is incompatible, I see no reason, not to upgradede to mac OS Sonoma v14.1, which was rumored to be released today, but wasn't.   Also, being on iOS 17.1, when released, will be a benefit.

Len W.

Herbert Knoesel

Oct 24, 2023, 11:29:01 PM10/24/23
to sv...@googlegroups.com
I've got a 14" MacBook Pro with M1 from 2021
Upgrade to Sonoma went flawlessly. I needed to upgrade iMovie, though.
Herbert

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 6:22 PM 'dani...@aol.com' via SVMUG <sv...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

dani...@aol.com

Oct 25, 2023, 12:27:34 PM10/25/23