Working Android client to Virtualbox guest - but no luck with svmp-html-client

Stephen Gutknecht

Sep 9, 2014, 4:26:20 PM9/9/14
to svmp-...@googlegroups.com
reference: https://github.com/SVMP/svmp-html-client

The weboscket openns, but when I press [Go] on the login - it pretty much does nothing.  The  python server and the HTML app output very little details of the connection process - so I really don't know where in the chain it fails.  Not sure if the WebRTC is connected or what ( my svmp-serer node app doesn't show any activity during attempts to login ).

I notice that the requirements say python3 - but following the setup it picked up the python 2.7 on my Ubuntu 14.04 install.  Could that be the problem? if so, how would I run the setup to tell Ubuntu to use python3?

Thank you.

Keppler, Dave

Sep 9, 2014, 5:05:02 PM9/9/14
to Stephen Gutknecht, svmp-...@googlegroups.com
It's also rather picky about the client browser. I'm 100% certain Chrome on Windows will work. I know Firefox does not because of an outstanding bug with with outputting webrtc video onto a canvas.

If I recall correctly Ubuntu installs python 2 and 3 in parallel as /usr/bin/python and /usr/bin/python3 respectively. You can probably use a shell alias to swap them temporarily.