SMVP VM boot up -- Can not boot up vm from virtualbox?

Kailiang Ying

Mar 24, 2015, 11:28:11 PM3/24/15
to svmp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is my first time to use SMVP. I want to compile a VM for running on VirtualBox and I tried two version SMVP 1.5.0 and SMVP 2.0.0. The compilation has no error. I can load the ova file into my virtualbox. However, both two version of smvp VM stuck at booting the kernel when I start the vm from virtualbox. Here I attach the block screen in the post. Is the way that I open the VM incorrect?

Any suggestion will be thankful.

David Keppler

Mar 24, 2015, 11:50:17 PM3/24/15
to svmp-...@googlegroups.com
That's normal for 1.5. With the 2.0 image it should also print out some additional lines after "ANDROID" with the network information for the VM assuming it was able to obtain an address from DHCP.

The Android GUI, everything from the boot animation through to the home screen, is "displayed" to the virtual framebuffer where it's picked up by the video streaming code and sent out to a client app. The VGA console of the VM will continue to display only the initial kernel bootup as you've seen, but if you attach a serial port device to the VM you can also get the output from dmesg as well as a shell.

Kailiang Ying

Mar 25, 2015, 12:07:07 AM3/25/15
to svmp-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your quick reply. It helps a lot.