Accessing the VM's logcat output on version 1.5?

Stephen Gutknecht

Sep 9, 2014, 4:45:22 PM9/9/14
to svmp-...@googlegroups.com
hi,

My search-engine site-specific hit on the docs page reveals this line:

   "Optional forwarding of logcat to a UDP syslog server"

Is this the only way to access logcat? And how would I configure this using VirtualBox and KVM?  (Can this setting be changed without having to re-generate the image?)

I installed one of my own built APK's on the VM and I'm not getting my normal overflow menu in my app... so I wanted to try and get some of the logcat output.

Thank you.

Keppler, Dave

Sep 9, 2014, 4:50:48 PM9/9/14
to Stephen Gutknecht, svmp-...@googlegroups.com
There are a few other more convenient ways:

1) adb connect <VM's IP>:5555 ; adb logcat
2) Attach terminal to the first serial port of the VM. It prints dmesg out to there and there's also a root shell that you can run logcat on.
3) Build the VM with an ssh authorized_keys files, then you can SSH in with that keypair to also get a root shell.

Stephen Gutknecht

Sep 9, 2014, 5:06:31 PM9/9/14
to svmp-...@googlegroups.com, stephen....@gmail.com, dkep...@mitre.org
Thank you Dave,

adb connect works great - I am even able to turn on USB debugging and compile/run directly from Android Studio!

From: Stephen Gutknecht <stephen....@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 4:45 PM
To: "svmp-...@googlegroups.com" <svmp-...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [svmp-users] Accessing the VM's logcat output on version 1.5?

hi,

My search-engine site-specific hit on the docs page reveals this line:

   "Optional forwarding of logcat to a UDP syslog server"

Is this the only way to access logcat? And how would I configure this using VirtualBox and KVM?  (Can this setting be changed without having to re-generate the image?)

I installed one of my own built APK's on the VM and I'm not getting my normal overflow menu in my app... so I wanted to try and get some of the logcat output.

Thank you.

Message has been deleted