SVG Parameters

alexbob...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2015, 6:58:04 AM4/30/15
to sv...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

does SVG++ support SVG Parameters (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGParamPrimer/)? Do you have plans to support parameters?

Cheers,
Alexander Bobkov

svgpp

May 2, 2015, 3:06:13 PM5/2/15
to sv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,
SVG++ doesn't support SVG 2.0 Draft features. But anyway at first glance on SVG Parameters I would say that they should be implemented on other layer than SVG++.
If you are using XML DOM parser and don't need topmost performance it can be done by modifying DOM in place with parameters values before processing it with SVG++.
I can provide you with further suggestions if you really need this feature in SVG++.

Regards,
Oleg

alexbob...@gmail.com

May 4, 2015, 8:53:40 AM5/4/15
to sv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oleg,

thanks for the tip. I'll try to modify DOM in place.

However I think SVG++ could support parameters. User submits parameter values before parsing. Then SVG++ replaces parameter name with the submitted value during parsing.

Cheers,
Alexander