html5 and External svg files

fulio pen

Jun 25, 2013, 10:39:01 AM6/25/13
to svg...@googlegroups.com
hello,

I have a couple of large svg file, and don't like to insert them directly in the html5 doc. Now the separate svg file is included in the html5 file as the following.

<embed src="characters2.svg" width="580" height="405" type="image/svg+xml" />

It is displayed off-line ok. But only messy code shows after uploading it to my site and opening it online. In the following web page, the good one is an internal file, and the messy code is of an external file. I just wonder what's wrong with the external file?

Thanks for help.

fulio pen

Christian Wahl

Nov 6, 2013, 7:36:49 AM11/6/13
to svg...@googlegroups.com
Hi

The SVG document (http://www.pinyinology.com/zhgp/characters2.svg) is returned with the content-Type text/plain. The file has the extension .svg - and that is fine, but you server probably don't know the SVG mime type (image/svg+xml) - it should gees from the file extension.