Re: on* event handlers in markup ?

Rick Masters

Sep 27, 2012, 11:29:12 PM9/27/12
to svg...@googlegroups.com
It seems to work for me. If you click on the red text:

However, I am running IE9 in IE8 mode as I don't have an IE8 handy.
What are your results with IE8 and IE9?

Rick

On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:19:51 AM UTC-7, WaXJ wrote:
Hi,

the Umber Hulk release back in 2009 highlighted : Inline on* style events (onclick, etc.) handlers directly in markup is now supported for SVG OBJECTs.

However if I set the onlcick attribute with alert('hi'); on an <image/> or </text> node, nothing happens.

The browser is IE8 and Flash is used for rendering. The onload event in te root svg node does fire, though.

Any ideas what I might be missing ?

Thx.

WaXJ

Oct 2, 2012, 4:03:08 PM10/2/12
to svg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

this issue is resolved, now. Must have had to do something with my code.

Thx, anyways. But right now, I need to know whether, if one embeds an svg using the <object> - tag and then, within that svg, refers to another svg using the <image>, would that svg within the embeded one be displayed using the flash renderer? Cause it seems that this is not working.

With no forceflash the IE9 renders the svg within the embeded svg, but if I set forceflash to true it doesn't show anything. However if I copy and paste the code into the embeded svg, the image is displayed.

Is there a way to do something like this :
<svg>
<image xlink:href="????.svg"/>
</svg>

Thx.

Rick Masters

Oct 2, 2012, 8:59:31 PM10/2/12
to svg...@googlegroups.com

Am,

I'm afraid that's not supported. See Issue 381 / 390.

Rick

WaXJ

Oct 22, 2012, 9:47:49 AM10/22/12
to svg...@googlegroups.com
I apologize for the late reply ( was on vacation ).

Thx for your help. I'm gonna try to load the SVG via AJAX and append it to a DOM node within the already loaded SVG, then.

Thx, again.