SVG-edit 2.5 Bicorn released!

Alexis Deveria

Jun 17, 2010, 2:32:17 PM6/17/10
to svg-edit
SVG-edit 2.5 has now been released!

One day later than expected, due to a pretty important bug that needed fixing.

Compared to the last few releases, this one's missing some extras,
namely a screencast, an Opera widget or a Firefox add-on. Apologies
for this, just wanted to make sure the actual editor was released so
people can start using it over 2.4.

I may get around to the screencast and side-projects later, though if
anyone volunteers to work on them, that would be much appreciated.

Work on SVG-edit 2.6 Cycloid will now begin, though bug fixes for 2.5
will certainly still be accepted too.

I'd also like to take this moment to thank everyone who made SVG-edit
2.5 possible: Jeff Schiller and Jacques Distler did some great work on
several new features and significantly improved the import
capabilities. Wormsxulla did great testing work at the start of this
version, while Will Schleter and Peter Reid came in near the end with
more improvements and bug fixes.

Many others in the community also reported bugs and many of the
translators for 2.4 returned to help out translating 2.5. Thank you
all so much!

Despite having less time available for the project, I look forward to
working on 2.6. Now's also a great time to revive old Issues and
remind us what you'd like to see included.

Thanks,

Alexis Deveria

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Alexis Deveria <adev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After having made a few more minor fixes, I believe we have reached a
> version of Bicorn ready for release.
>
> To test for any last last minute bugs, please try it here:
> http://svg-edit.googlecode.com/svn/branches/2.5/editor/svg-editor.html
>
> I intend to fully replace the Arbelos links on our homepage with the
> Bicorn ones some time tomorrow, so any issues would be best reported
> by then.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexis Deveria
>

> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Alexis Deveria <adev...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone!
>>
>> I think we're starting to get all remaining serious bugs taken care of
>> for our 2.5 version, so I've gone ahead and marked r1590 as "release
>> candidate 1". Please test this build [1] and see if you see anything
>> major that needs to be fixed. If there are any existing issues that
>> you feel have been overlooked and need to be fixed for 2.5, let us
>> know.
>>
>> I'd also like to apologize for slipping the release date again, but I
>> really think we should be able to release it soon. On that note, let
>> us know what you'd like us to focus on for 2.6 Cycloid!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alexis Deveria
>>
>> [1] http://svg-edit.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/editor/svg-editor.html

Jeff Schiller

Jun 17, 2010, 2:50:15 PM6/17/10
to svg-...@googlegroups.com
Excellent job, Alexis!  Congrats!

One thing that needs to happen now is to update the 'stable' tag to point at the new release:  http://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/wiki/DevelopmentProcess#Release

This should automatically update anyone who's linking to the 'stable' tag to 2.5.  Hopefully a pleasant surprise :)

Jeff

Alexis Deveria

Jun 17, 2010, 3:00:37 PM6/17/10
to svg-...@googlegroups.com
Ah yes, always something. Done now, thanks for the reminder! :)

Alexis

narendra sisodiya

Jun 18, 2010, 7:01:50 PM6/18/10
to svg-...@googlegroups.com, narendra sisodiya

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Jeff Schiller <code...@gmail.com> wrote:
 > Excellent job, Alexis!  Congrats!

Great Work. I will add 2.5 version to  http://publicsketch.org
Images can be retrieved by id  - Ex - http://publicsketch.org/display.php?id=20
I am still lazy to make html pages for "home page" and "about us" pages. Will finish it by 2-3 days.
I am thinking to use public license for svg images on server. NO CC .
It is always difficult to remix cc images. So, public license make sense. Only one task is remaining in it. Public Gallery. Anyone who create a new image will become part of public gallery and user can click and insert various svg image from gallery.