some issues with a few 2nd sundays

Mary Peterson

Sep 15, 2011, 3:30:59 AM9/15/11
to suuc-womens-...@googlegroups.com

Blessed Sisters,
I was very excited to see so many ladies at the pot luck on Sunday and to experience the enthusiasm and ideas that were shared by all.
I have checked the church calendar for the 2nd Sundays for the next few months.  Here are the possible conflicts that exist.  October 9th, there is a newcomer orientation and the auction team meeting at 12:15.  I know at least two women interested in this group are on the auction team (at least the one listed on the website).  On November the 13th, there is an Adult Religious Education class on the Sufi religion, no time listed yet.  And the Young Adult Group is putting up the holiday tree at noon.  For December and pretty much the rest of the next year the 2nd Sunday's are empty except for newcomer orientations.  I will go ahead and put in the request for Women's spirituality for the 2nd Sunday after the second service 12:00 - 2:00 PM in the large activity room in the lighthouse if that works for everyone.  If you want me to do something else for October and/or November just let me know.  I will also be putting something in the Scroll for next month.  Also if I goofed on the date or time for our meetings please let me know ASAP.  Thanks.  Take care.

Peace,
Mary Peterson
206-551-4722
neys...@comcast.net

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."  - Albert Einstein

Christin Carey

Sep 15, 2011, 11:33:10 AM9/15/11
to suuc-womens-...@googlegroups.com
hi all:
Newcomer Orientations are always the second Sunday, fifteen minutes after each service. They do use the DVD player as well, and we use the meeting room near Sue's office.  Sometimes we move the orientaton o where the DVD player is if it got moved during the week, because none of us have the strength to hoist the TV from the lighthouse to the meeting room.

I don't think this should stop you in your current plans to meet during this time. I won't be able to go most months because of the conflict (boo for me) but I don't think you'll run into any rooming issues.

Mary Peterson

Sep 21, 2011, 10:32:56 AM9/21/11
to suuc-womens-...@googlegroups.com
Christin,
Newcomer orientations shouldn't run very long should they.  I think it is reasonable to assume that if you are able to come even if a little late that you will still be welcomed.

Peace,
Mary Peterson
206-551-4722

EARTH
Saltwater

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."  - Albert Einstein

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:33:10 -0700
Subject: Re: some issues with a few 2nd sundays
From: supa...@gmail.com
To: suuc-womens-...@googlegroups.com