Beads

1 view

Sunshine Glynn

Sep 18, 2011, 11:25:52 PM9/18/11
to SUUC-Women's Spirituality
Hello Ladies,

I 've been searching high and low for beads to use for our prayer
necklace/bracelet project in October. Unfortunately, I haven't been
able to find something usable that is both affordable and well made.
At least, not for everyone!

So, i can buy cheap-o beads for everyone to use, or, if you'd like
something nicer, you can bring your own. I did find necklaces at
Goodwill/Value Village that I could take apart to reuse, I would
suggest that for those bringing your own stuff.

What you'll need:
4 larger beads
18-30 smaller beads (3-5 to be used between each of the larger beads
these can be seed beads, or anything that goes with your larger beads)
something to use as a pendent (I tried to find affordable chalice
pendents but was not successful)

I will provide the wire/string/thread for stringing.

I am really looking forward to our next gathering!

with love,
sunshine

Debra Valpey

Sep 20, 2011, 1:26:29 AM9/20/11
to suuc-womens-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sunshine,
Is there a date set for this project yet? It sounds like fun!
Hugs, Debra

sunshine glynn

Sep 20, 2011, 9:40:29 AM9/20/11
to suuc-womens-...@googlegroups.com
2nd Sunday of october after 2nd service!

Debra Valpey

Sep 20, 2011, 1:00:10 PM9/20/11
to suuc-womens-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Sunshine.
Deb

lisa key

Sep 20, 2011, 1:36:31 PM9/20/11
to suuc-womens-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sunshine!

Since I can't make it to this gathering...and as an excuse to hang out with you...do you want to set up a day/time that you can show me how to do it?  It can be practice for the actual gathering. :)  I have yet to buy my beads, so I'll need a little time to get that done.  Are you free Sept. 28th?

Lisa

Mary Peterson

Sep 21, 2011, 10:28:09 AM9/21/11
to suuc-womens-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
There is a great place at Auburn Supermall called Black Market Minerals.  They have all sorts of stone beads, cords and charms etc.  They are pretty reasonably priced so that might be a great place to check out.  I do agree with the thrift store jewelry idea and another one is repurposing jewelry passed down, I have some awesome necklaces that were my mom's but not my style that I have since disassembled and turned into other items.  Can't wait for this event.  I'm so excited the Women are back!

Peace,
Mary Peterson
206-551-4722

EARTH
Saltwater

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."  - Albert Einstein

> Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 20:25:52 -0700
> Subject: Beads
> From: sunshine...@gmail.com
> To: suuc-womens-...@googlegroups.com

Sunshine Glynn

Sep 21, 2011, 5:18:55 PM9/21/11
to SUUC-Women's Spirituality
Ladies! I took Mary's advice and went to Black Market Minerals. I
bought plenty of beads for us to use. You are still invited to bring
your own beads to add your own flare and personality!

with love,
sunshine