M. L. King Thank You - United Way Day of Caring 9/11

Adrienne Bailey

Sep 8, 2009, 3:21:43 PM9/8/09
to Ted Divina
I would like to thank all of you who were able to come to our Martin Luther King Jr. School Grounds Clean-Up and Beautification on August 22 and the fantastic work you all did.  For those who were unable to attend this activities we know your hearts were with us and when it is convenient you will join us.  I’ve attached pictures of all the beautiful work our Community did on August 22nd.  We had Community people from all over the Central Area (see-attached picture -  ML KING 8 22 09 7.jpg).  We even had them in all ages from those who needed to be carried (see attached picture - ML KING 8 22 09 Littlest Helper.jpg) to Daddy’s little helper (see attached picture - ML KING 8 22 09 Daddy’s Lil Helper.jpg).  The beautiful end result our labor of love in grooming and maintaining the grounds of the future home of Martin Luther King Jr Community Center (see attached picture - ML KING 8 22 09 - Finished 3.jpg).

United Way Day of Caring M. L. King Jr. Grounds Clean-Up and Beautification Project
As I mentioned to many of you, we will be doing it again September 11th 9:30am - 3:00pm.  Well here is our reminder and I hope many of you can make it and bring along a friend or two.  Community members of Madison Valley and the Central Area working to make M. L. King Jr. elementary School a Community Center, since its closure in 2007 are coming together to weed and groom the grounds.  We will be pulling weeds, trimming shrubbery, laying mulch and sweeping up debris.  Restoring the grounds to the beautiful asset of the community, it always has been.  Bring your garden gloves, a fairly strong back and a happy heart to help Madison Valley residents revitalize the heart of our community to its attractive state.  If you are able to join us, please email me with “Day of Caring” in the subject by this Wednesday, September 9th and you will receive a free T-shirt, just let me know if you wear a S, M, L, XL or XXL.  This time we’ll meet on the South side of the School to work on the South side, finish the West side (32nd Ave side) and hopefully get to the playground.  Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible.

Adrienne W. Bailey, President
CCC@MLKing
ML
ML