Fwd: BRISTOL TREES IN CRISIS!

Gavin Spittlehouse

Jun 20, 2017, 6:48:48 AM6/20/17
to Sustainable_Bishopston
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Marcus Grant" <marcus...@icloud.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2017 08:10
Subject: Fwd: BRISTOL TREES IN CRISIS!
To: <ga...@gavinspittlehouse.co.uk>

Hi Gavin,
Could you please let people know about this meeting, thanks

Marcus; from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mark CD Ashdown <mark.cd...@gmail.com>
Date: 19 June 2017 at 3:06:57 pm BST
Cc: Peter Hartnett <phar...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject: BRISTOL TREES IN CRISIS!

Dear Friend of Bristol's Trees,

You are invited to an emergency meeting of the Bristol Tree Forum at Bristol City Hall on Tuesday, 4th July 2017 between 6 pm and 8 pm.

The meeting will discuss and consider the following urgent issues:

      The Council’s decision to stop street tree maintenance in the city

      The consequences of this, should the decision not be reversed

      What solutions there may be to this threat to Bristol’s street trees

      A response to the Council’s consultation process

      A plan for a way ahead

We hope to hear from speakers from Sheffield, where their Council’s careless decision to outsource highway maintenance did not consider the impact on its urban tree cover. As a result, there is needless destruction of Sheffield’s magnificent street trees.

We also hope to hear from Birmingham Trees for life, a community group, working with the council to protect, maintain and plant trees in public open spaces, as a possible model for future action in Bristol.

In the meantime, please visit our blogs to review this urgent issue, and write to the Mayor, your Councillors and MPs and make your comments in the local press.

We look forward to seeing you at the meeting.

 BristolTree Forum

--

Regards

Mark CD Ashdown