Fwd: Free Transition Regional Network Workshop in Bristol this Sunday, (still space if you would like to come)

Gavin Spittlehouse

Jun 1, 2017, 10:47:44 AM6/1/17
to Sustainable_Bishopston
An opportunity to renew enthusiasm and refocus energies...

Date: 4th June 10am - 4:30pm

Venue: Friends Meeting House, Champion Square, Bristol, BS2 9DB

Book here:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/transition-south-west-regional-networks-workshop-bristol-and-surrounding-areas-tickets-34394200981

We have also setup a facebook event here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/687834448086086/  we would really appreciate if you can share this around with other members in your group and Transition Groups in your area.

We also now have a facebook page, please like to be kept  up to date on this project:

https://www.facebook.com/TransitionRNUK/

Here is all the information about the workshop and the project it is part of http://trnuk.org/south-west-bristol-workshop/

This is a great opportunity to meet other groups, share ideas and investigate how you could help each other as Transition Groups.Here are two examples of how this has been beneficial for groups:

Transition Groups in the North West met last year and found a greater sense of network to share experiences and benefit in putting “faces to names”. They also found that meeting together was more effective to talk about how changes in the big picture (e.g. the UN Sustainable Development Goals) relate to Transition and a great way to share local challenges and how to overcome them.

Over the last year, groups in London and the SE have developed a sense of purpose around 7 themes

  • Share learning and experiences

  • Support each other

  • Organise to be part of a bigger picture.

  • Communicate their stories well

  • Connect with other organisations and movements in a spirit of celebration and fun.

This regional hub resulted directly in the event “REconomyLIFT – Local Innovation for Transition” looking at re-imagining local economies and gathering over 70 Transitioners together in the spirit of the 7 themes of the Hub.

Check out the blogpost and 10 minute video of the event here:

http://reconomy.org/reconomy-lift/

Both groups have found great benefit of shared action and greater possibility of connecting with your neighbours to affect greater change.

I look forward to hearing from you, please feel free to get in contact with any questions.

Thanks

Mike
--
Michael Thomas
Transition Initiative Support Coordinator

The Transition Network is a registered charity
address: 43 Fore St, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5HN, UK
website: www.transitionnetwork.org
TN company no: 6135675 TN charity no: 1128675