Clean Air Day Thursday 20th June in Bishopston and beyond

1 view

Gavin Spittlehouse

Jun 16, 2019, 5:36:52 PM6/16/19
to Sustainable_Bishopston
This Thursday is National Clean Air Day and there's several events taking place in Bishopston and many more in other parts of Bristol:

  1. The local branch of XR is planning an "action" on Gloucester Road - details are unconfirmed but expect a playful peaceful demonstration with plenty of dressing up and bunting. If you want to get involved, XR North Bristol meets weekly on Tuesdays from 6.30 to 9pm at the B&A Church main hall 161 Gloucester Road (Pigsty Hill) https://www.facebook.com/events/449974555802211/

  2. Clean Air Bishopston has a day of events at Boston Tea Party:
    Make a clean air pledge - any time
    Get a free bike breakfast - 7 - 10am
    Visit the roadshow - 8 - 11am and 3 - 6pm
    Have some creative fun - drop-in 3 - 6pm
    Love your bike - 3 - 6pm
    Protect our kids - 3 - 6pm
    Get the facts - 3 - 6pm
    Join the conversation - 6 - 7pm
    Enjoy an evening walk - 7 - 8pm
    Edited details from Nick Plant can be found below.

  3. For everyone wanting to talk about air pollution and green issues with other like-minded locals, join the Green Mingle at Alchemy 198 Gloucester Road from 5pm to 10pm https://www.facebook.com/events/2303811843269137/

  4. For other events in Bristol on Clean Air Day Thursday 20th June, including a lunchtime roadshow in Castle Park, an extra Critical Mass cycle ride and more, see this press release from Bristol Clean Air Alliance:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tiULYZaoQjqD1g5Lk8Pfyg2oZuWLkbnsXxDbQZcx98U