Wildlife Emergency News

1 view

Gavin Spittlehouse

Mar 4, 2021, 4:19:50 AMMar 4
to Sustainable_Bishopston
Dear Sustainable Bishopston followers,
We're received the message below from Ben Barker (a renowned Bristol community activist who was “a bit embarrassed” when he was awarded an MBE a while back).
If anyone would like to be involved in this effort to kickstart and bring together wildlife groups in neighbourhods across Bristol please use teh email address below:

Wildlife Emergency

It’s widely accepted that wildlife is in decline across the planet and that includes Bristol.     Many people are trying to make our city more friendly to wildlife, and not just rats and gulls.    Currently, some local wildlife groups are working on ‘hedgehog streets’, monitoring garden birds, counting butterflies and seeking to improve habitats whether that’s domestic gardens, the local park, school grounds or anywhere.     These grass roots groups are working with city wide agencies such as Avon Wildlife Trust and Bristol Parks.     But, some neighbourhoods don’t seem to have wildlife groups, yet.

We are trying to link these efforts up and share ideas and information.     To find out more contact the project coordinators on mywildbe...@virginmedia.com