Fwd: Bristol Tree Forum emergency meeting 4th July at 6pm

Gavin Spittlehouse

Jul 3, 2017, 5:53:43 PM7/3/17
to Sustainable_Bishopston

---------- Forwarded message ----------

You are invited to a meeting at Bristol City Hall on Tuesday, 04 July 2017 between 6 and 8 pm.

The meeting will discuss and consider:

  • The Council’s consultation on its recent decision to stop maintaining street trees in the city as a result of a 78% cut in budget.
  • The consequences of this should the decision not be reversed.
  • What solutions to this threat to Bristol’s street trees we can to offer.
  • To plan a way ahead.

We hope to hear from speakers from Sheffield, where the Council’s careless decision to outsource highway maintenance without considering the impact on its urban tree cover has and continues to result in the destruction of Sheffield’s magnificent street trees.

https://bristoltreeforum.org/2017/06/08/bristol-trees-in-crisis-iii-btf-emergency-meeting-6-00-to-8-00-pm-tuesday-4th-july-bristol-city-hall/