What's a Conscientious Carnivore? Find out!

Jeanette Hardison

May 20, 2022, 5:28:39 PM5/20/22
to sustainabl...@googlegroups.com, sustainable-corva...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sustainable Corvallis!
With Earth Day/Week 2022 fading in the rear view mirror, we're venturing into the "meaty" subject of dietary choices in our latest Kitchen Confessions!

In "Are You A Conscientious Carnivore?" we explore why it's so important to eat LESS meat & dairy, and waste fewer of the animal products we DO buy.

What we eat year-round has a profound effect on our carbon footprints -- not to mention the effect that wasting it has on our wallets. Take a peck, uh... peek!

A FEW OTHER NOTES:
  • We’re tabling again at the Downtown and SouthTown Farmers’ Markets periodically. Next dates: June 7 (SouthTown) and June 25 (downtown). Stop by/say hello and pick up one or more of our Smart Strategies or a countertop compost collection pail!
  • Check out the Recipes For Leftovers on our website!
  • Please see our previous Kitchen Confessions for helpful links, anecdotes, photos and local opportunities to prevent wasted food.
  • "Like" and follow our Facebook page to receive new blog alerts and other great info.
Thanks for all you are doing for a more sustainable Corvallis!

Jeanette Hardison

Director, No Food Left Behind - Corvallis

A Project of the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition’s

Waste Prevention Action Team

541-602-3430 mobile

541-752-5860 desk

Web: https://nofoodleftbehindcorvallis.org/