South Corvallis Food Bank needs volunteers

Sheila OKeefe

Jun 9, 2022, 4:36:50 PM6/9/22
to sustainable-corvallis
Are you looking for a fun and satisfying way to help our community? With the ending of pandemic relief programs and the rising cost of living, the South Corvallis Food Bank has seen a dramatic increase in demand, rising to all-time highs of over 1500 individuals served each month. Throughout the spring we had a wonderful staff of OSU students fulfilling a class requirement, but with the end of term we are facing a shortage of volunteers.

There are four sessions each week where volunteers host clients, explaining the limits and helping them select their food as they shop. These shifts are Mon/Wed 12:15-3:15, Thurs 4:15-7:15, and Sat 9:15am-12:15pm.

We are requiring all volunteers to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. You can email me a photo of your vaccination card or bring it with you to your first shift. We are also continuing to require face masks for both volunteers and clients for the foreseeable future.

You can sign up for June shifts at:

Please sign up as host, check-in requires more experience. We do training at the beginning of each shift. Which in practice often means a brief explanation followed by the new volunteer shadowing an experienced volunteer.

You can always find current signups by searching on www.signupgenius.com for signups created by volunteerc...@southcorvallisfoodbank.org (search is in the lower right of the desktop signup genius website). The signup for the next month generally goes up around the 20th.

Please wear closed-toe shoes, it's too easy to drop a can on your toes while working.

If you drive, please park in the back of the building, leaving the spots near the door open for clients.

Thanks,
Sheila
--
Sheila OKeefe