South Corvallis Food Bank needs volunteers

Sheila OKeefe

Jun 14, 2024, 3:50:44 PMJun 14
to sustainable-corvallis
Would you like to give back to your community? The South Corvallis Food Bank is having its usual summer shortage of volunteers - OSU students are out of town and a lot of community members are travelling or otherwise enjoying the Oregon summer.

Our regular need is four sessions each week where volunteers host clients, explaining the limits and helping them select their food as they shop. These shifts are Mon/Wed 12:15-3:15, Thurs 4:15-7:15, and Sat 9:15am-12:15pm. We do ask that you sign up for shifts and treat it as a commitment. We need to be sure we have enough people present each time.

Please sign up as host, check-in requires more experience. We do a brief training at the beginning of each shift for the tasks required for that shift. Which in practice often means a brief explanation followed by the new volunteer shadowing an experienced volunteer.

You can always find current signups by searching on www.signupgenius.com for signups created by volunteerc...@southcorvallisfoodbank.org (search is in the lower right of the desktop signup genius website). The signup for the next month generally goes up around the 20th.

Please wear closed-toe shoes, it's too easy to drop a can on your toes while working.

If you drive, please park in the back of the building, leaving the spots near the door open for clients.

Thanks!!
Sheila

--
Sheila OKeefe