Glint, Glimmer, Glow TODAY - The Arts Center's First Zero Emission Exhibit

Cynthia Spencer

Jun 6, 2024, 7:51:54 PMJun 6
to sustainabl...@googlegroups.com, Announcements Group, Jennie Castle
GGGSnip.JPG

GLINT, GLIMMER, GLOW

MAY 16-JUNE 29 @ The Arts Center, Tues-Sat, 12-5 pm

Read the Great Gazette-Times feature then Come Experience it for yourself:  Glint, Glimmer, Glowby artist Katherine Cellerini Moore.

It's a proof of concept. A statement about protecting our Earth. An exhibit inspired by the physics of solar wind, powered by solar energy. It shows what is possible when members of the community work toward a common goal. The moving images in Glint, Glimmer, Glow, include auroras, microorganisms, and landscape vignettes. FMI >

Like the auroras that are energized by the sun’s activity, the projectors and sound equipment in Glint, Glimmer, Glow are also powered by solar energy. In partnership with The Art Center and The Design for Social Impact Initiative at Oregon State University,  a team of engineering students collaborated to design, prototype, and build the renewable energy system that not only powers the exhibit, but is a visible part of the show.

Our Thanks to Sponsorship Support from:.
Screen Shot 2024-05-16 at 10.23.31 AM.png