Art in the Garden: a Virtual Art Showcase!

Emily Stimac

May 9, 2022, 10:49:49 PM5/9/22
Dear Friends of Sustainability,

It's been a rocky road to get here (a WET, rocky road), but The Thyme Garden has opted to cancel our in-person Art in the Garden event for this year.
When we decided to postpone last week, there was sunshine and blue skies in the forecast for May 14 & 15th. Now, it's rain, rain and more rain and the problem we had with our parking space (aka soggy, muddy field) has NOT gone away. 🌞⛅🌤🌥🌦🌧

This doesn't mean that you don't have any way of supporting local arts. I compiled the participating artists who have websites into a handy list for you to use to do some nice, comfortable armchair art support this weekend. Let's blow these artists out of the water with our support over the next few days and show them that we really do believe that function can follow form once in a while.

Name of businessArtistwebsitedescription
Alpine DaydreamsJoeyhttps://www.facebook.com/alpinedaydreams/stained glass stepping stones
Alsea Acre AlpinesNancy's Goat Cheesegoat cheese
Anja's Beaded JewelryAnja Chavezbeaded jewelry, using small seed beads accented with crystals, gemstones, pearls and other glass beads
Bigfoot Tie DyeShawna & Matt ClarkTie dyed clothing and homewares
Broken Dreams MosaicsPat Gardenerrecyled glass art
CoastRange WoodworksMark Jederlinchcoastrangewood.etsy.comHandcrafted wood kitchen items such as cutting boards
Courtney Marchesi ArtCourtney Marchesiwww.courtneymarchesi.com Paintings and prints
Emily Kristin Designs
Kathy and Emily Jederlinich
reclaimed and recycled housewares/leather jewelry
Go Giddy Pops, LLCEve Weisshttps://www.gogiddypops.com/herbal popsicles
Harland DesignsMelissa Harlandhttps://www.etsy.com/shop/HarlandDesignsConcrete and terra cotta garden decor
Hi Happy MailSarah Moorehttps://www.etsy.com/shop/HiHappyMailStationary/art cards/watercolor
snail mail, stickers and prints made with love!
Jennifer LommersJennifer LommersJenniferLommers.comFine Art paintings
L n D craftsDale DoigBird feeders, outhouses, trees
Liz Grant DesignLiz Granthttps://www.etsy.com/shop/LizGrantDesignsCreative gemstone and silver jewelry
Lucky Mother CandlesAli PickettLocal beeswax & coconut
Mad CeramicsMadalynn Masseyhttps://madceramics.art/Hand thrown functional ceramics inspired by the botanical world.
Mehndi in the MorningKailyn KubiakAll natural henna tattoos and handmade cards.
Michelle FlamezMichelle Flamezhttps://www.michelleflamezart.com/Alcohol ink art
Moku Chocolate
Maureen Nikaido
http://mokuchocolate.com/Philomath based source to chocolate bars
Moonrise FlowersTesshttps://www.moonriseflowers.com/dried flower arrangements and bouquet
Pith to BarkGavin Tougherwww.gavintougher.com/pithtobarkmason bee houses
Plant PosseBrittney Westhttps://www.plantposseart.com/plant based jewelry and art
Saucy JewelryElisa Saucyhttps://saucyjewelry.com/Sterling Silver and natural gemstone jewelry inscribed with affirmations.
Shelley's Glass FlowerShelly Sandrahttps://www.shelleysglassflower.com/Stained glass art
Stargazer's GourmetChavvahn or Nicholas Gadehttp://www.stargazersgourmet.com/Herbal fudge from Yachats
Sunny Asylum DesignsAngela Leeswww.sunnyasylumdesigns.etsy.comOne of a kind found object jewelry
TMR OriginalsHeidi Ranneyhttp://www.tmroriginals.com/index.htmlUpcycled Yard Art & tote bags
Willamé Basketry/Firn FragranceEmily Whitkop/Lisa Lindnerhttp://www.firnfrag.com/baskets & natural fragrances

Thank you for your consideration. Our nursery will be open Spring Hours, 11-4 Daily, throughout May and switch to Summer Hours in June, and we are closed for Memorial Day.
You can visit our website for other ways to enjoy the property.

We hope to be able to hold the event next year and even have some exciting ideas for making it more sustainable with an organized shuttle service from Corvallis, which was a fabulous suggestion by one of the readers of this listserv!

Well...I better get GROWING...

See you soon,
Emily
--