Job Opportunity with First Alternative Co-op

justin

May 20, 2022, 7:19:14 PM5/20/22
to Sustainable Corvallis | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition
Hello all,

First Alternative Co-op is currently hiring for two manager positions

Deli Manager at our south store location
The Deli Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful operation of the Deli Department at assigned store location. This key position supervises all deli staff at the individual store location, which includes scheduling, completing evaluations, and performance management of those deli staff; creates and maintains high standards that reflect compliance with USDA regulations for food handling; ensures adherence to the budget for sales, cost of goods, margins and payroll; develops and refines systems for the Deli tasks and works closely with the Kitchen Manager to maintain inventory levels and quality of fresh prepared foods at each store.

Grocery Assistant Manager at our south store location

The Grocery Assistant Manager is responsible for coordinating the regular functions of the Grocery Department at an assigned store location. This position is responsible for overseeing ordering and assuring appropriate inventory levels are maintained for the department. In addition, this position is responsible for supervising Grocery staff at the assigned store location. This supervision includes scheduling, evaluation and performance management of Grocery department employees. This position is a key member of a department where cooperation is required to maintain staff morale, efficiency, quality products and excellent customer service. Cooperation and communication with the Grocery Assistant Manager at the other store location is vital to the success of the Grocery department as a whole. Occasionally, this position takes on additional duties in order to substitute for the Department Managers absence, including direct interim supervision of department staff.

If interested in applying for one of the positions please go to:

At First Alternative Co-op we:

We act ethically and responsibly.

We care for our community.

We provide high quality products, goods, and services to our customers.

We balance human needs, financial necessity, and daily realities.

Message has been deleted

justin

May 24, 2022, 5:01:17 PM5/24/22
to Sustainable Corvallis | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition
Hello all,

First Alternative Co-op is currently hiring for two recycler positions

Recycler (will be working at both locations)

Hours:  One Part Time (Friday and Saturday 9-5:30p) and one Full Time position

Compensation: $13.90 /hour or depending on experience

Benefits: Health and dental insurance for staff working 28 hours a week, 15% staff discount on all purchases, paid time off

The Recycler’s main duties are to sort store generated recyclables, maintain trash and compost bins and areas of store property where they are located; daily grounds keeping duties and daily store cleaning duties. The Recycler position also maintains the Co-op recycling area.  This includes responsibility for packaging recyclables, ensuring they meet requirements for delivery and ensuring our recycling area is kept clean and neat on a daily basis.  In addition, this position will answer recycling questions from the general public.  The position reports to the Maintenance Manager.