Call for Volunteers - Salmon Watch

Sara Roberts

Oct 6, 2022, 5:58:21 PM10/6/22
to Sustainable Corvallis | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS

 Benton Soil & Water Conservation District seeks volunteers for our upcoming Salmon Watch program. Salmon Watch is a field-based program for 5th graders to learn about salmon life cycles, stream ecology, and watersheds. Students learn how to identify indicators of stream health and how they can help to keep their watersheds healthy for salmon.

 If you love being outside, working with kids, and/or talking about nature, you'll love volunteering for Salmon Watch. Programs will run from October 17-November 17 at Clemens Park in Alsea - where we're very likely to see salmon spawning! Field trips are from 9am to 2pm.

To learn more about Salmon Watch check out www.lbsw.org.

If you'd like to sign up to shadow a program and become a volunteer, go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090945aaa82ca4fa7-20226

Or, just send an email to srob...@bentonswcd.org.

 Hope to see you in the field this Fall!