Earth Month Webinar Series Recordings

Kristi Ervin

May 23, 2023, 6:59:12 PM5/23/23
to sustainabl...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

On April 24-28, Seeds for the Sol was part of an interfaith Earth Month webinar series- the recordings are available now!

Learn more about community solar, residential energy efficiency and the Corvallis Carbon Offset Fund.

Please direct any questions to Kri...@SeedsfortheSol.org

--
Kristi Ervin
Operations Manager/Seeds for the Sol

Lorraine Anderson

Jun 9, 2023, 3:40:11 PM6/9/23
to Lorraine Anderson, sustainabl...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

When it's hot outside, the last thing I want to do is turn on my stove or oven. Instead, I break out my solar cooker. The livin' is about to get easy -- and delicious.

Last week I cooked black rice and shrimp in my backyard here in Corvallis using only sun power and put together my Mango Shrimp and Black Rice Bowl. Our dinner guest asked if she could lick her plate. I took it as a very sincere compliment and told her to go ahead.

Cooking with sunshine is magical, fun, and easy. It's simple to prep for and clean up after. Low-heat slow cooking produces amazing tastes. The only thing it does NOT produce is emissions. It keeps your kitchen cool. And the fuel is free! What's not to like?

I have a new cookbook out and am on a mission to mainstream solar cooking in the United States.  You can go to my website, slowcooksolar.com, for more info. My book, Slow Cook Solar: Sun-Baked Summer Meals Good for People and Planet, is available at Grass Roots Books.

Also, I have a series of local events scheduled this summer:

Solar cooking demos in conjunction with Slow Food Corvallis at Philomath Farmers Market, Sundays June 11 and 25, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Solar cooking demos in conjunction with Slow Food Corvallis at Corvallis Farmers Market, Saturdays July 15 and August 19, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Solar cooking class (free) at Peaceful Valley Farm and Garden Supply in Albany, Saturday July 22 at 11 a.m.

Solar cookout to celebrate independence from fossil fuels, Village Green Park in NE Corvallis, Tuesday July 4, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Please come and check out solar cooking!

Kind regards,
Lorraine Anderson
Author, Slow Cook Solar: Sun-Baked Summer Meals Good for People and Planet