Program website now available for ODOT's new $55 million Pedestrian and Bicycle Strategic Fund!

Annette Mills

Jun 25, 2021, 8:27:26 PM6/25/21
to sustainable-corval...@googlegroups.com

Transportation Action Team,

I thought you’d be interested in this funding opportunity…

Sign up to receive updates on ODOT's new Pedestrian and Bicycle Strategic Fund Program!

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

Image removed by sender. oregon department of transportation

Public Transportation Division

Program website available for ODOT's $55 million Pedestrian & Bicycle Strategic Fund

Image removed by sender. Woman riding bike

We are excited to share our program website for the new Pedestrian and Bicycle Strategic Funding Program and to announce an upcoming online open house this fall. Please bookmark this page for the most up to date information and sign up to receive program updates.

Program Background

The Oregon Transportation Commission approved $55 million for strategic pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure improvements on ODOT roads in the 2024-2027 Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP). These funds will be allocated through a new program, the Pedestrian and Bicycle Strategic Funding Program as part of a $255 million investment in the Public and Active Transportation Program. Program overview can be found here.

Program Goals

1.    Address pedestrian and bicycle gaps on the state system such as missing sidewalks, bike lanes and crossings.

2.    Prioritize projects at locations that provide an equity and safety benefit.

3.    Identify cost savings through leveraging with other ODOT projects such as repaving or curb ramp replacement at high priority pedestrian or bicycle locations.

The increased funding for pedestrian and bicycle projects in the ’24-’27 STIP is intended to improve progress on key performance measures by funding the necessary improvements on or along state highways, with a focus on priority locations identified through the Active Transportation Needs Inventory (ATNI). This new program supports improving safe and equitable access to active and public transportation, a key initiative of the Strategic Action Plan

Funds may be used for a variety of improvements that benefit walking and biking safety and access, however our priority is to improve sidewalks, bike lanes and crossings that will complete the state network and implement frequent pedestrian crossings as guided by the Blueprint for Urban Design.

Next Steps

  • Project Identification: March - June 2021
  • Partner and Public Outreach: May - October 2021
  • Project Scoping: July 2021 – March 2022
  • Project Refinement and Selection: July 2022- June 2023

Questions?

Contact Jessica Horning for Pedestrian Bicycle Strategic Jessica...@odot.state.or.us.

For Safe Routes to School contact LeeAnne Fergason at LeeAnne....@odot.state.or.us.

Program Website: https://www.oregon.gov/odot/STIP/Pages/PBS.aspx

Learn how we’re evolving to build a modern transportation system
based on sufficient funding and equity. www.oregon.gov/odot/Pages/SAP

Oregon Department of Transportation

355 Capitol Street NE, MS 11

Salem, OR , 97301-3871 USA

This email was sent to dec...@willamettewatershed.com using GovDelivery Communications Cloud on behalf of: Oregon Department of Transportation · 355 Capitol Street NE · Salem, OR 97301 · 888-275-6368

Image removed by sender. GovDelivery logo

Image removed by sender.

image006.jpg
image007.jpg
image008.jpg