List of Street Purposes - comments please

২টি ভিউ
প্রথম অপঠিত মেসেজটিতে চলে আসুন

Court Smith

পড়া হয়নি,
১৩ জুল, ২০১৯, ১০:৫৪:৪৭ AM১৩/৭/১৯
প্রাপক sustainable-co...@googlegroups.com,sustainable-corval...@googlegroups.com

The purposes of streets are listed below. Is this list complete? How would you prioritize it?

  Public Safety (ambulance, fire, police);

  Utility Pathway (water, sewer, storm water, and gas lines)

  Commerce (deliveries, shipments, support a vibrant economy);

· Connectivity (transit, cyclists, service providers, celebrations, visiting);

· Movement (work, school, play, health care, and shopping);

·  Vehicle storage (convenience and accessibility to residents)

--
Court Smith, Corvallis OR 541.753.3335

Jay Thatcher

পড়া হয়নি,
১৩ জুল, ২০১৯, ১২:২৬:৩৪ PM১৩/৭/১৯
প্রাপক Court Smith,sustainable-corval...@googlegroups.com
My thoughts on priority:
  1. movement
  2. connectivity
  3. public safety
  4. commerce
  5. utility pathways
  6. sheet metal storage
I'm open to discussion, being convinced otherwise and other reflections.

This week 12 young people, Dave, some volunteers and I have been using the streets and paths of Corvallis for education through the Parks & Rec youth bike camp.  So blessed to have a local network of shared lanes--some marked with sharrows; bike lanes; and paved, graded and dirt paths.  We rode all over town, practiced on a dead end section of Avery Park Drive, learned to use all sorts of lanes and sometimes stopped near a curb to discuss how to take on the next challenge.  This use probably fits under connectivity.  It is one of the highest and best uses of our streets, for at least as long as we have a surplus of autos and designs that aren't intuitive and safe for an eight year old.

Jay Thatcher