ADUs in suburbia

Court Smith

Oct 10, 2021, 12:34:02 PM10/10/21
to sustainable-co...@googlegroups.com

The NY Times, Oct 10, business section, has a multi-page article, “Subdividing the Subdivision Idyll,” on ADUs in San Diego.  It shows an interesting mix of the desire for “my little piece of paradise,” helping family, and making money. The problem it raises is the inability of our economy to produce wages adequate to afford  housing. The ADU and middle housing zoning are planning efforts  trying to deal with this economic reality. One wonders about the effectiveness of zoning as a tool to achieve this end.