Apology and Action

1 view

Court Smith

Jun 10, 2021, 7:19:59 PMJun 10
to sustainable-co...@googlegroups.com
At LUAT and other meetings lately, I have expressed anger and
frustration. I apologize to anyone made uncomfortable by this behavior.
I will be stepping away from LUAT meeting planning and note taking to
work on this issue. Thank you for your understanding.

--
>>)))))))(o:> Court Smith, Corvallis OR, 541.753.3335

susan...@comcast.net

Jun 10, 2021, 9:37:16 PMJun 10
to Court Smith, sustainable-co...@googlegroups.com
Court, maybe I should join you. I am quite frustrated with the City right now and their failure to enforce the LDC on the Brooklane Heights development behind my house. It is hard to get a straight answer from folks in Planning and Development Services. Planting trees within our utility easement, building a house within the bank of the streambed that they undergrounded, building a house and then deciding to call it an ADU and building a bigger house on the same property that allows only 1200 s.f. homes...these are just the latest in a long list of failures behind us.

My other frustration is that the only enforcement action we get is if someone files a complaint using the online form and then they check it out Doing so has resulted in the developer or his engineer banging on my door after dark.
There should be a way to report a problem without being identified to the person who is not following the code or conditions of approval. That is a real disincentive for me now.

Court, I appreciate your ongoing work on behalf of our community. Take care,

Susan
--
——————
Land Use Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

VISION: Corvallis is a compact, resilient city with walkable neighborhoods, a vibrant downtown, and diverse natural areas interwoven in urban landscapes, whose community members actively participate in land use planning decisions.

https://sustainablecorvallis.org/action-teams/land-use/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Land Use Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sustainable-corvallis-landuse/08c2fba5-b2f8-b3e6-4faa-c4d708f53e7d%40comcast.net.