How is Corvallis like Buffalo?

Court Smith

Apr 9, 2021, 3:07:11 PM4/9/21
to sustainable-co...@googlegroups.com, sustainable-corval...@googlegroups.com

Fortunately, Corvallis is not a failing rust belt city, but but neither is it anywhere as future-oriented and proactive as Buffalo. But, I could be wrong. You judge for yourself by viewing Smart Growth's "The Future of Mobility" webinar held today. It will take 90 minutes of your time, but I challenge you to prove me wrong. How does Buffalo compare on diversity, equity, and inclusion; building partnerships; neighborhood and regional integration; managing parking for affordable housing; being proactive about the inclusion of mobility options; paying attention to economy, community and environment; promoting public and environmental health; having a vision for using their publically own lands most effectively.

--
>>)))))))(o:> Court Smith, Corvallis OR, 541.753.3335

Shelly Murphy

Apr 12, 2021, 2:49:28 PM4/12/21
to Court Smith, sustainable-co...@googlegroups.com, sustainable-corval...@googlegroups.com
An invitation to join The League of Women Voters Community Planning Discussion

Topic: Urban Design Strategies for Urgent Challenges

April 14 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm

Read the article based on an interview with the authors of “Case Studies in Retrofitting Suburbia: Urban Design Strategies for Urgent Challenges.” This new book documents the “retrofitting” of obsolete suburban malls, box stores, office parks, parking lots, motels, and more.  CLICK HERE for the article.

Join the Community Planning Committee of the League of Women Voters of Corvallis as we discuss this interview with architects June Williamson (City College of New York) and Ellen Dunham-Jones (Georgia Institute of Technology). Learn how suburbs can be transformed into something new and perhaps more relevant today.

This is a discussion, not a presentation. Please read the article  before the meeting at the link listed above.

Join the Zoom Discussion:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88449893259?pwd=TWFNYUVKSm0ySDhmRDAwZnd1cjZhdz09

Meeting ID: 884 4989 3259
Passcode: LWV

Or, you can call in: +1 206 337 9723
Meeting ID: 884 4989 3259
Passcode: 366951

Rochelle Murphy

Apr 14, 2021, 11:18:42 AM4/14/21
to Court Smith, sustainable-co...@googlegroups.com, sustainable-corval...@googlegroups.com
The April 14 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm

[...]

——————
Land Use Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

VISION: Corvallis is a compact, resilient city with walkable neighborhoods, a vibrant downtown, and diverse natural areas interwoven in urban landscapes, whose community members actively participate in land use planning decisions.

https://sustainablecorvallis.org/action-teams/land-use/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Land Use Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sustainable-corvallis-landuse/B30A8BBE-1088-4874-8257-94A37385EF41%40peak.org.