April 17 Planet Palooza in the Parks

Susan Salafsky

Feb 23, 2021, 5:26:42 PM2/23/21
to sustainabl...@googlegroups.com, sustainable-co...@googlegroups.com, waste-prevention--corvalli...@googlegroups.com, David Eckert, Johannah Hamilton, Annette Mills, Jason Seivers, Mac Gillespie, Rachel Kirby, Rohlman, Diana, Molly Monroe, Dawn Marie Gaid, Jeanette Hardison
I hope you can participate in the Earth Day celebration (see below), and help engage community members in healthy activities (preferably outdoors). Join members of Corvallis Parks & Recreation, Ashbrook Independent School, 500 Women Scientists Corvallis, Corvallis Environmental Center, and others in facilitating ways to care about our shared environment.

I have several ideas for Community Science projects (and potentially funding) that would be easy to implement with the help of members from the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition Action Teams. For more information, please contact me before the March 1 deadline to propose activities.

Thanks,

Susan

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Susan Salafsky, Ph.D.

Ecologist / Science Advisor

500 Women Scientists Corvallis

Mid-Valley STEM-CTE Hub

www.MidValleySTEM.org

Seeking scientific expertise from women and gender minorities?

Check out this resource: gage. Discover Brilliance (500womenscientists.org)

Hello Friends,

Thank you for your involvement in our community!

We would like to invite you to collaborate in celebrating Earth Day on Saturday, April 17 from 10 am to 1 pm. Our community celebration is Planet Palooza in the Parks.

This traditional Corvallis Earth Day event will look different this year. Instead of a nature-themed parade and festival, we are encouraging virtual and self-guided activities that increase the environmental, physical, and mental health of our community. We have the capacity to host some in-person activities for up to 15 mask-wearing, physically-distanced participants in select Corvallis parks.

Would you like to collaborate and/or participate? Let us know by Monday, March 01!

Planet Palooza will take place Saturday, April 17 at 10am - 1pm. If you have an online or in-person activity to you would like to host or promote in a Corvallis park, complete this interest form (or https://forms.gle/5fcf5n6TuLXqRSEx9) as soon as possible. Please indicate if you are not interested as well as if you need more time to decide, too. We have limited park space for in-person activities, so you won't want to miss this opportunity to engage the public. To work out the logistics, plan on attending two virtual meetings for interested organizations in mid and late March.)

Thank you for your time! Please forward to anyone else who may be interested.

Lacey Moore

Outdoor, Environmental Education and Camp Programs Coordinator

City of Corvallis Parks and Recreation

1310 SW Avery Park Dr

Corvallis, OR 97333

Pronouns: she, her, hers  What’s this?

Direct: 541-754-1734

Fax: 541-754-1701

Email signature logo

Disclaimer: This e-mail message is a public record of the City of Corvallis. The contents may be subject to public disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law and subject to the State of Oregon Records Retention Schedules. (OAR:166.200.0200-405)