Video: The Affordable City​: Supply, Stability, and Subsidy — and Lessons Since 2020

1 view

David Rabinowitz

Feb 22, 2024, 4:50:47 PMFeb 22
to Sustainability Coalition Land Use Action Team
Hi,

I attended a webinar this morning about how to realistically provide affordable
housing, and I think it's worth watching:

In The Affordable City, Shane offers more than 50 policy recommendations, beginning
with a set of principles and general recommendations that should apply to all
housing policy. The remaining recommendations are organized by what he calls the
Three S’s of Supply, Stability, and Subsidy. Shane makes a moral and economic case
for why each is essential and recommendations for making them work together.

During this webinar, Shane reviewed the core principles of the housing crisis, his
Three S’s approach, and what lessons he has learned since his book was originally
published in 2020.

View the video, and videos of other relevant webinars at the link:

https://planning.maryland.gov/Pages/OurEngagement/Webinars/planning-webinars-archive.aspx

Dave

Annette Mills

Feb 22, 2024, 8:04:09 PMFeb 22
to David Rabinowitz, Sustainability Coalition Land Use Action Team
Thank you, Dave. I definitely plan to watch this video - after March 7th!

Annette
--
——————
Land Use Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

VISION: Corvallis is a compact, resilient city with walkable neighborhoods, a vibrant downtown, and diverse natural areas interwoven in urban landscapes, whose community members actively participate in land use planning decisions.

sustainablecorvallis.org/what-we-do/action-teams/land-use
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Land Use Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sustainable-corvallis-landuse/ede44868b4cc222d43f1bb1dca4a6d24.squirrel%40mx.sdf.org.