Designing More-than-Human Smart Cities - Beyond Sustainability, Towards Cohabitation, symposium and book launch

Sara Heitlinger

May 17, 2024, 11:39:29 AMMay 17
to Sustainable CHI
Dear All,
I'd like to invite you to this symposium and book launch event taking place in central London on the 19th June. It's to mark the publication of the first interdisciplinary book on this topic (edited by myself, Marcus Foth and Rachel Clarke), published by OUP.

The symposium includes talks by speakers from the book, as well as an ACM Distinguished speaker talk by Marcus, on More-than-Human Futures: Connected Urbanism and Cohabitation in the Smart City, and a panel exploring the challenges and opportunities of designing more-than-human smart cities in practice and policy, from a range of perspectives.

There will be networking opportunities.

The event also marks the launch of my 4-year UKRI Future Leaders Fellowship on the same topic, so there will be job announcements soon as I start hiring.
I hope some of you can make it!
Regards,
Sara Heitlinger
Centre for Human Comptuer Interaction Design
City, University of London