Fw: Appalachia Needs Your Voice

1 view

d s

Feb 16, 2010, 12:34:11 PM2/16/10
to sustainability education googlegroup, sbn discuss, adena-announce googlegroup, people...@yahoogroups.com

--- On Mon, 2/15/10, Appalshop Campaign Center <Appalshop_Ca...@mail.vresp.com> wrote:

From: Appalshop Campaign Center <Appalshop_Ca...@mail.vresp.com>
Subject: Appalachia Needs Your Voice

Date: Monday, February 15, 2010, 5:50 PM

Dial_Up_Rocks_Logo_web.jpg

Friends don't let friends use dial-up Internet.

High-speed Internet is not a luxury, it is crucial for Appalachia's health.  Stand up for those that don't have access to high-speed Internet and are left behind in "Dial-Up Country."  Take action today.

Maxine Lewis of Gordon, KY says "I would like to have high speed Internet because I have two small grandchildren--six and ten years-old--that I feel are being left behind because they don't have high speed Internet"

Join the Media Action Grassroots Network (MAG-Net) and grassroots activists in Appalachia in a National Day of Action for an affordable and open Internet.  Learn more.

Visit www.dialuprocks.org to view stories, and a music video, from Eastern Kentucky's "Dial-Up Nation" and to learn how you can take action for your community.

"If you want high-speed internet access, and you happen to live in certain areas on and around Eastern Kentucky's Pine Mountain--currently there's only one thing to do: Move."

Learn more about the National Day of Action.

Thanks in advance for helping us spread the word,

Thousand Kites, Appalshop Campaign Center, and Pine Mountain Residents for Broadband

Thousand Kites
91 Madison Ave
Whitesburg, KY 41858

Try Email Marketing with VerticalResponse!