Art Fest?

kelly...@comcast.net

Aug 10, 2009, 10:45:40 AM8/10/09
to sustain-...@googlegroups.com
I would love to help.  Moondollars meeting?  We have pulled these off...not too bad to get logistics, but sponsorships could be time consuming, as well as getting any p/r costs offset...

Kelly L. Ayers
Library Director
Oliver Springs Public Library
Oliver Springs, TN 37840
kelly...@comcast.net
www.oliverspringscity.com/library

Robert J. Gunter

Aug 10, 2009, 2:41:24 PM8/10/09
to sustain-...@googlegroups.com

Personally, I can help, but cannot lead such an endeavor.  That said, the city has experience in putting on events and much of the work is the same.  Think Secret City Fest, Lavender, OR Earth day, etc.  Along the river is such a nice place to do it, and if we stay off the peninsula…. There would be a fair amount of parking.  It could run along between the lagoon and the road, with overflow (if any) upstream along the walkway by the playground.  Maybe it should all be up that way as it is more attractive.  It could be run much like the rowing events, but leave the parking lots available for parking.

A committee would be needed to put this together.  I would expect about 5 core people with a larger network of people to draw on.

Congrats Kelly on the job!