It's official: "Peak oil" off the central Wisc. radar

BobbyG

Mar 1, 2010, 7:39:12 AM3/1/10
to Sustain Central Wisconsin
Just tweeted:

Central Wisc. ?Centergy" biz group is betting that #peakoil is just a
myth: more road-building projects ! http://bit.ly/aVy4Yg
"Centergy to lobby for biofuels, highways."

--Group is apparently betting the whole farm that "peak oil" is just a
myth, perpetrated by oil company execs and liberals. Using the same
rigorous science as Rush Limbaugh used to arrive at the notion that
"climate change is a fraud" ?

RT @Biodiversecity Stevens Pt Journal: Sustainability coverage misses
#peakoil by a mile and a half. by 2025,we'll be far down the peak.
http://bit.ly/dmfP3D

RT @Biodiversecity Stevens Point--Missing from Friday's Sustainability
Roundtable (in the press at least): any mention of the #peakoil or its
local impact.

The thing that will disrupt our local economy beyond all recognition
isn't building inefficiency, it will be the lack of petroleum motor
fuels to move anything in, or out, of Stevens Point, Marshfield,
Wausau, Rapids, or any other town, big or small, in Wisc.

b.g.