"Workers unemployed so long, are forgetting their skills"

BobbyG

Jan 21, 2010, 5:14:41 PM1/21/10
to Sustain Central Wisconsin
I just tweeted with link:
Workers unemployed so long, they're forgetting their skills -
http://bit.ly/4AMORx
--Not that skills will be needed in a crashed economy.

We've reached a "tipping point," folks. For the first time ever, I
think, millions upon millions of AARP-aged workers no longer are
useful as either workers, or consumers. We are literally of no use to
this consumerist economy. It matters not that our household is on a
"Buy Nothing Year" (or even, Buy Nothing Decade) because we're
irrelevant.

The "tipping point" implications for an economy addicted to
exponential growth in consumer spending might be obvious to the guy-in-
the-street, but...

It may take some time for the economists, politicians, planners and
even stock and bond traders to catch up to this reality. Expect more
"shock" when next dip of the recession begins.

b.g.