New Campaign Against privatisation of Sussex Services - Info Meeting Wed 3 October 6pm, Fulton A

maiapal30

Sep 30, 2012, 3:19:41 PM9/30/12
to sussex-st...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Considering this list was for the Stop the Cuts campaign, I think it is legitimate to use it to alert you to the latest round of problematic changes to the structure of Sussex University. Management have plans to privatise most of its services (catering, estates and building management, porters duties, health and safety duties, security services,...). Although they are very reluctant to share information about these plans to unions, students and staff, i.e. those who actually are the university, they have been seeking tenders to take over the services since May this year.

A campaign is building up to raise awareness about these plans and support the 235 members of staff affected. Demos and meetings have been organised, but there is still much to do to galvanise student support and give workers the sense that they can fight changes that they do not want.

So if you want to learn more and/or take part in helping the campaign, please come on Wednesday 3 October to our information meeting (6pm, Fulton A). We will also have an organisational meeting Friday 7 October in Arts A005 1-2pm.

(or send me an email)
Facebook groups: http://www.facebook.com/groups/319782311448226/
http://www.facebook.com/groups/407080325992943/

All the best,