A line up of NB events for Wed 17th March!

Stop the Cuts

Mar 16, 2010, 9:51:22 PM3/16/10
to sussex-stopth...@googlegroups.com, sussex-st...@googlegroups.com

T E A C H - I N

P RO G R A M M E

WEDNESDAY in Arts 2 (unless otherwise specified)

10

Staff from the School of English discuss the cuts.

12:30

UCU rally outside Senate, Bramber House.

2

EGM for motion of no confidence in VCEG. Mandela Hall.

5-7

Social and Political Thought seminar on Adorno, ‘Negative Dialectics’.

7

Dinner

7:30

General assembly of staff, students and friends to discuss, on the eve of the strike, the past, present and future of anti-cuts activity.

------------

For the last six nights we have continued to hold the

ARTS A2 Lecture theatre
. As students,

staff and friends, we are here in defiance of the High Court Injunction placed upon

legitimate forms of protest. We are here in support of the Sussex Six who are STILL not fully

reinstated. We are here in support of all workers on campus who face compulsory redundancies

and all other attacks by management in the current cuts programme. We’ve taken their

building until they meet our demands. Our answer to the way they mismanage

our University: a programme of meetings, discussion, films and other events, designed to

strengthen opposition to cuts in our community. Let’s unite all staff and students through

critical dialogue about the cuts, the management and their legitimacy.

WE DEMAND:

1. The

unconditional reinstatement
of the six students who were suspended and excluded after

the occupation of Sussex House. The partial reinstatement prohibiting political activity is not good

enough.

2.

No punishment of non-violent dissent, no criminalisation of any form of non-violent protest,

demonstrations or occupations.