New time, new venue for weekly meetings

Stop the Cuts

Oct 20, 2010, 2:56:37 PM10/20/10
to sussex-st...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Our weekly organising meetings will now be at 6pm on Thursdays as not
everyone could make the old time. Tomorrow's meeting will be in Fulton
building room 113. The room may change week by week so please check
the blog for details: http://defendsussex.wordpress.com

We had a very well-attended meeting last week and a fantastic
demonstration on campus today, as the government announced its
spending cuts, including a devastating 40% reduction in university
funding. These cuts will cost us dearly, while the bankers who caused
the economic crisis continue to reap billions of pounds in bonuses and
the rich carry on dodging taxes which could be used to pay for our
education.

At this moment thousands of people are protesting outside Downing
Street as part of the rapidly growing national campaign against the
cuts. We have a important role to play as part of that national
movement - whether it is putting pressure on our own Vice-Chancellor
to speak out against cuts or joining forces with students from around
the country at the demonstration in London on November 10th (more on
the demo here: http://bit.ly/cggIRz ).

If you'd like to get involved in organising the campaign, please come
along to the meeting tomorrow at 6pm in Fulton 113.

Hope to see you there.

Sussex Stop the Cuts