Exciting events this week!!!

Stop the Cuts

Mar 15, 2010, 8:12:32 AM3/15/10
to sussex-stopth...@googlegroups.com, sussex-st...@googlegroups.com

Events this week

A rough outline of events coming up this week…

We will update this post throughout the week, keep checking back for more details of daily demonstrations, occupation events, workshops, meetings, etc. …

Monday

Arts A2 occupation teach-in all day. Join us for a full day of open lectures and workshops around resisting the marketisation of Higher Education. Plus food all day (group lunch and dinner), open organisational meetings… and stay the night if you can!

Seyla Benhabib has agreed to go ahead with her scheduled lecture on Human Plurality and Human Rights: Hannah Arendt on Genocide in Arts A2 at 6pm

Tuesday

Arts A2 occupation- seminars and workshops all day including…

Alex Callinicos – Universities in a neo-liberal world.
Debating the corporate takeover of our Universities.

6-7:30pm, Arts A2

Freedom to Organise! national speaking tour
Hear about workers in Serbia and Germany facing injunctions and anti-terror charges for workplace organising.

7:30 Arts A2

Wednesday

Demonstration and UCU rally outside Senate.
Senate are meeting to discuss the “Proposal for Change” – come and give senators the support and confidence to oppose the proposals

12:30 – 1:30pm, Bramber House.

** USSU Emergency General Meeting. ** Mandela Hall
The event of your academic year! Please come promptly so that we can pass a ‘Vote of No Confidence’ in the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive Group. Because you’re worth it.

(after UCU rally, time TBC)

Thursday

UCU STRIKE DAY! Join UCU staff and the student demonstration adjacent to the picket line. All day! Or just take the day off…