who has a tipp to "downsample" DSD128/DSD256 -files to DSD64 (without convert to PCM!)? Are there also MCH-DSDS higher than DSD64, I´ve never seen such.

razi

May 19, 2020, 6:29:22 AM5/19/20
to SurroundSound
Hi,
I´ve some DSD128 and DSD256 files, wich I could not playback with my M9702.
That´s the reason to mak DSD64from them. How to do? Does anybody has a good idea?
I don´t want them to transform them into PCM....

- I´ve never seen a multichannel DSD as DSD128 or DSD256.
Are there any? I Don´t want to have them, I only want to know it.

Best regards,
Razi.

Phil Steeples

May 19, 2020, 9:22:16 AM5/19/20
to SurroundSound
Razi
I can only suggest Xrecode, which I can try tonight; otherwise it may be something obscure like Minnetonka.

razi

May 19, 2020, 10:44:10 AM5/19/20
to SurroundSound

Am Dienstag, 19. Mai 2020 15:22:16 UTC+2 schrieb lokkerman:
Razi
I can only suggest Xrecode, which I can try tonight; otherwise it may be something obscure like Minnetonka.

Are you sure with "Minnetonka"??
I do not mean DTS, I mean DSD (Direct Stream Digital!).It is nearly the "opposide" of PCM (Puls Code Modulation)...
I`ll have a look at Xrecode, but I´m affraid, it can´t handel DSD. But I´ll look at it.

Thanks, Razi.

On Tue, 19 May 2020 11:29 razi, <ich.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I´ve some DSD128 and DSD256 files, wich I could not playback with my M9702.
That´s the reason to mak DSD64from them. How to do? Does anybody has a good idea?
I don´t want them to transform them into PCM....

- I´ve never seen a multichannel DSD as DSD128 or DSD256.
Are there any? I Don´t want to have them, I only want to know it.

Best regards,
Razi.

Bruce Greenberg

May 19, 2020, 12:03:53 PM5/19/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
I use  Xrecode to convert dsd to dff format. It has options for the bit level, so it should work for you. And I believe there is a short try for free time limit.

Bruce

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/surroundsound/2fa41b67-d693-4794-b45e-7145009541f9%40googlegroups.com.

lokkerman

May 19, 2020, 12:10:34 PM5/19/20
to SurroundSound
Thanks Bruce; I kind of thought that Xrecode could do it. Razi - apologies i am mixing my Monnetonka's with my Saracon's  - it's so long ago.
And as for multi-channel 128/256 DSD, I have not witnessed a commercial release that i can remember, although some of the guys here made a project version of a DSD 128 multiCh some while back, although I cannot remember wher I archived it.

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 5:03:53 PM UTC+1, Bruce Greenberg wrote:
I use  Xrecode to convert dsd to dff format. It has options for the bit level, so it should work for you. And I believe there is a short try for free time limit.

Bruce
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to SurroundSound-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SurroundSound" group.

Bruce Greenberg

May 19, 2020, 2:00:55 PM5/19/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Actually, Minnetonka owns Surcode, which makes DTS creation tools. So you were right to begin with. And even if they did, xrecode is only 20 bucks or so. My only issue with X... was that when I tried to convert a dff to FLAC, it ended up the same file size, which is crazy big for a FLAC.

Phil Steeples

May 19, 2020, 2:51:08 PM5/19/20
to SurroundSound
You should mention this to Eriks, the designer, as he is very hot on sorting these types of issues

gmail

May 20, 2020, 4:26:50 AM5/20/20
to Digest recipients
Hi Bruce,
if I only want to convert to dff, I'ld use foobar with dsdconvert-plugin. This works. But I was not able to "downsample" it to DSD64 (or dff, what ever).
Afterwards I used "set_Fs", but it is NOT for down sampling,  as I heard.
I got an answer from Maxim from Sourceforge to use dsdconvert and dsd-processor. I'll try it these days.
An other solution could be "XISRC" by XIVERO.COM, but this enterprise is closed down. I got a Trai-version and it seems to be working in my cases. But this trail is only for short samples (about a minute). You can't get a licence anymore.

I'm going on with foobar ant it plugins,  I think.

Rainer  (razi)

Bruce Greenberg

May 20, 2020, 2:11:54 PM5/20/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the suggestion. I mentioned it in the forum and it is because the default sample size from a DSD is huge. Most converters use a much lower sample size.

Bruce Greenberg

May 20, 2020, 2:16:00 PM5/20/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Rainer (or do you prefer Razi?),

I went looking for Xrecode because Foobar couldn't read some DSD files I had. It only seems to be able to read DFF files. Xrecode did a nice job of converting them. Is there another plugin that I don't know about?

Bruce (some people call me TOB... The Other Bruce)

Phil Steeples

May 21, 2020, 9:23:51 AM5/21/20
to SurroundSound
I had a call yesterday from a friend of the forum and the Hub who does a lot of DSD work, he pointed out that Tascam Hi-Res editor will do the downscale https://tascam.com/us/product/hi-res_editor/download
along with Xrecode. Although Xrecode will do a group of files in batch whereas the Tascam will not and is rather slower.. Apparently Xivero was excellent and upscaled to DXD-PCM stage so allowed DXD-PCM editoring. As with Pyramix.
MultiChannel (128/256/512/DXD) tracks are available here:

Thanks to the man who called for the information.
😉

razi

May 21, 2020, 9:54:41 AM5/21/20
to SurroundSound
Hi folks,

first at all: have a nice holiday...

For all of us, who are interested: I´ve found a solution, that works for ME and it is without any fees.
I took FOOBAR2000 and installed the plugins foo_dsd_converter and foo_dsd_processor (0_DSD.jpg).
Afterwards you have to config the DSD-Processor: file--> preferences -->Tools --> DSD Processor (1_DSD.jpg)
You have to activate it ("Use DSD Processor") and config the lines what Input-Files you have (for ME: DSD128 + DSD256), 2_DSD.jpg.
You have at least to set all values in that line for your input, for that you have to click at the hyphen ("-") rightside of your input-value and fill out the whole line.
I´m not so deep in this field, I can´t explain the meaning of all coloumns, I took the first shown for each (3_DSD.jpg), Ifilled in this example all value-lines, but you need it only for those you want to resample.
Afterwards you go to the main-page, select all titles you want to resample , click right mouse, select convert --> DSD convert (4_DSD.jpg)
You get the converter-Setup (5_DSD.jpg), choose "Output Format" (I took DSDIFF + DSD), output path and output style as you want and

click "Convert". That´s all ... so simple .. :-)

As I mentioned at the beginning, I`m not so firm in these fields and that only my experience.
May be there are better solutions, I don´t know. For my problem it was OK.

Rainer (razi)

0_DSD.JPG
1_DSD.JPG
2_DSD.JPG