XPS Scienta SES 100 analyser

francesco sedona

May 11, 2021, 9:30:51 AM5/11/21
to Surface Science
Dear friends

We have a Scienta SES 10 analyzer (bought around 2005).

After the last bakeout the analyzer lens shown shortcut between two elements (L1 and L2) and ground.  It seems that Omicron Scienta cannot offer a factory repair for this old model.

We are going to open the analyzer looking for the problem but we have no mechanical drawings or photos to help us.

Has anyone had the same problem? Do you have any material that can be useful to us?

Thanks, any help is precious

Francesco

**************************************
Prof. Francesco Sedona

Università di Padova Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche Via Marzolo 1 35131 Padova (Italy) email francesc...@unipd.it phone +390498275010/5265

Alain Adnot

May 11, 2021, 2:15:18 PM5/11/21
to surface...@googlegroups.com
look at that.

good luck

Alain

May 18, 2021, 5:50:25 AM5/18/21
to Surface Science
Dear Alain
Thanks for the  link, unfortunately the manual does not contain any detailed drawings of the lenses . My hope was that someone had already done this job and could give me some advice.
Anyway, in the coming weeks we will try to open.

Francesco