Running SCALA On Newer PC

Will DeBenedetti

Jan 12, 2021, 4:48:19 PM1/12/21
to surface...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We have an Omicron VT STM/AFM with SCALA electronics. The control computer stopped working this afternoon. I would like to replace the control PC without upgrading the electronics. SCALA is no longer supported by Omicron and upgrading the electronics is out of the question at the moment.

Has anyone had success with running SCALA within a virtual machine running Windows NT or similar on a newer PC? Or running SCALA on a newer machine in some other way?

Thanks for any help.

Will DeBenedetti, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Friend/Madix Group
Dept. of Chemistry
Harvard University

esin soy

Jan 12, 2021, 5:04:04 PM1/12/21
to surface...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Couple of years ago I had the same issue and we were able to change our computer with a newer one, install NT Scala using the Scala setup CD provided by Omicron. I cannot remember the details but only difficulty was to choosing the right options during the install from CD because I remember we had to start over. Sorry cannot recall the exact details but we did it

Thanks,
Esin

Esin Soy Yapici