Big Blob +144 hours

J.C.

Jan 28, 2009, 7:24:52 PM1/28/09
to Surf Forecasting
Hi Nathan,

I'm looking at the same blob you mentioned in your Tuesday report at
144 hours out on this model off of Japan: http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display.cgi?a=npac_height

It looks like a pretty large fetch of 30 to 40+ foot seas. I was
curious if you think this will become a major swell event for mid
February? I don't want to jinx anything, just curious as to how you
think this blob will shape up. I'm reading a lot of forecasters' long
term estimates, and no one is really mentioning this large fetch.

Thanks!

J.C.
San Diego

Nathan Cool

Jan 28, 2009, 7:54:14 PM1/28/09
to surf-for...@googlegroups.com
JC,

Check out my latest video blog:
http://swellscan.com

...and also my SoCal report at WetSand.
http://swellwatch.wetsand.com/#place=30.715201644740844_-111.575195_7_1422_height_none_Sat_-1

I believe we're talking about the same thing with a possible ETA for the 8th.

-Nathan

nathant...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2009, 10:07:41 AM1/29/09
to Surf Forecasting
btw: Just updated the SoCal report at WetSand. Looks like this swell
is going to turn into something, but as I mentioned in earlier
reports, there's a lot going against it, including high pressure
blocking pushing the jetstream to the north, and the distance from the
greatest part of the fetch. Still have a few more days to go before
this turns from model simulation into reality....

-Nathan