EduBloggerCon 2007: Atlanta, Georgia

harg...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2006, 5:46:14 PM11/28/06
to SupportBlogging!
Calling all educational bloggers! After the EduBlog MeetUp
(http://supportblogging.wikispaces.com/NECC+EdBlogger+Meetup) in San
Diego last year at NECC, there was some feeling that more time for
interaction between the educational bloggers would be of great value...
and so: www.EduBloggerCon.com.

While the exact date and details of EduBloggerCon 2007 are not
finalized, it will likely be for one day before NECC 2007
(http://center.uoregon.edu/ISTE/NECC2007) begins--Friday, June 22 or
Saturday, June 23, being good candidates. We may wait until the NECC
pre-conference materials are published so we don't conflict with
something important.

We want your ideas and suggestions. Right now we are leaning toward an
"unconference" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference) format, with
some number of actual pre-determined keynotes. Go to the
EduBloggerCon.com website, and also join the Google Group for
EduBloggerCon (http://groups.google.com/group/edubloggercon) to start
giving feedback.

Topics for discussion: final date(s), publicity, youth bloggers
invited?, keynote speakers wanted, format for "unconference," venue,
activities, etc.

Steve