How to move mails to trash on the server after deleting them in sup?

Siwen Yu

Jun 23, 2015, 4:38:16 AM6/23/15
to sup...@googlegroups.com
I've recently switched to SUP from MUTT.

I've followed the 'Complete gmail configuration' wiki post and set my gmail account with offlineimap & sup successfully. But when I delete some mails in the INDEX view with 'd' key, they just disappeared but still on the server. After flushing changes and polling manually, they were still there. How could I move them to the Trash on the server after deleting them in sup?

ps. My sup & offlineimap setting is the same as the wiki post.

Thanks.

Gaute Hope

Jun 23, 2015, 4:52:02 AM6/23/15
to Siwen Yu, sup...@googlegroups.com
Siwen Yu writes on June 23, 2015 10:38:
Hi,

sup does not do this for you. It can probably be best done with an
addon-script that loops over deleted messages, or a script that looks
for the trash (T) flag (if you have maildir-syncback enabled).

Maybe what you want to achieve is actually to add the trash flag? In
that case check out maildir-syncback in the wiki [0].

Some earlier discussion: https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/sup/issues/175

Regards, gaute

[0] https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/sup/wiki/Using-sup-with-other-clients

Siwen Yu

Jun 23, 2015, 5:04:08 AM6/23/15
to Gaute Hope, sup...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot.
--
余斯文

q.sha...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015, 9:37:07 AM10/11/15
to The Sup email client
Hi, has anyone successfully implemented this? Somehow the mail needs to get moved to the IMAP "[Gmail]/Trash" folder when it is deleted, but sup does not sync labels, so I'm not sure how to do that. Maybe it would be possible to sync the trash folder using offlineimap, and then have some sort of hook in sup that moved the actual mail file from the "archive" to the "trash" folder in the maildir? with a config like this:

nametrans = lambda folder: {'archive': '[Gmail]/All Mail', 'trash': '[Gmail]/Trash'
                            }.get(folder, folder)

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts or advice on this.