Excessive CPU Usage

Willem

Jan 14, 2016, 10:55:34 AM1/14/16
to supmua, eg
Hi fellow sup fans!!
I have used sup off and on for a few years already, depending on computers and work situation; and keep coming back because it really is the best email tool I have found for my email needs!!
Now I have just completed a fresh multi-account install of sup-mail 0.20.0-1 on Debian 8.2.0 which runs beautifully after some initial hassles.

However the one problem I have is that sup works fine when reading and archiving emails then without warning the processing becomes super slow. I have checked CPU usage and found that on certain fairly random and innocent looking emails the usage shoots up to 100% and stays there until I quit sup and re-start it. Then if I go back to the same email that caused the problem, the CPU usage shoots up when I attempt to open it.

Any suggestions or ideas what I should do about sorting this problem out would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Cheers
Willem

Tero Tilus

Jan 16, 2016, 7:21:56 AM1/16/16
to supmua
Willem, 2016-01-14 17:55:
> I have checked CPU usage and found that on certain fairly random and
> innocent looking emails the usage shoots up to 100% and stays there
> until I quit sup and re-start it. Then if I go back to the same
> email that caused the problem, the CPU usage shoots up when I
> attempt to open it.
>
> Any suggestions or ideas what I should do about sorting this problem
> out would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Report the issue in https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/sup/issues and
attach the offending email (save raw message as file). Then others
are able to try reproducing and debugging the issue.

--
Tero Tilus ## 050 3635 235 ## http://tero.tilus.net/