How to customize global keybings (user only, overriding defaults)?

Robert Winkler

Jul 24, 2020, 7:04:43 AM7/24/20
to The Sup email client
Hi, after using sup for a few weeks, I would like to adjust the keybindings. In particular, I would like to define a few keybindings that I use frequently, such as 's' for spam, as global ones. I.e. they should behave the same in all modes. This would make the use of sup more convenient and intuitive.

Questions:

1) Will keybindings defined in .sup/hooks/keybindings.rb override the default ones?
2) Is there anywhere a list of all modes and a) how they are entered (e.g. [any mode] =>  <?> => [help-mode], b) related variable names (e.g. Inbox Mode: Redwood::InboxMode, modes["inbox-mode"]?
3) Is it possible to define global keybindings that are valid for all related modes (e.g. 's' should start the spam function in all message-related modes.

Currently, I am messing around in the program files; But those changes will be lost with the next update. It would be better practice to just modify user configuration files which override the defaults.

Is this possible?

Best, Robert